Thursday 28 June 2012

Hey Blog Pals,

How are you all? I suppose that by now many of you are knee deep in summer. The team was realizing recently that we are already half way through the summer.  I have been thinking lately about what it means to have a purposeful life, especially when times seems to fly by too fast to let you accomplish something substantial. This has stemmed from reading Genesis and Proverbs during my devotions. In 50 chapters, Genesis sums up hundreds of years of history. In 31 chapters, Proverbs tells a person how to live out the details of life. But it seems like often, no one sees the details, no one sees the struggle and perseverance it takes to live a godly life. I am not sure how to put it, but I want to encourage you all to live out the details not just in the things that are easier for other people to see. Jesus did many amazing things that were recorded in the Gospels, but He also lived every moment in such a way that the people following Him found reason to pay attention to what He said. The details matched the recorded events.

Please continue to pray for our team, that we would live lives of integrity especially in the details. We are beginning the longest tour of our summer tomorrow. This could be a tiring time, which may tempt us to take a break in the details. Please pray that we would always rely on the Lord in all circumstances and not on ourselves. Tomorrow we head to David Thompson Bible Camp, followed by Riverside Bible Camp, and Luseland Bible Camp, Camp Evergreen and Shiloh Youth Ranch (in no particular order because I can't find my schedule).
May God bless you all as you live out the joy of the Truth of God in the details of your life as well as the 'big' things.
-Kendra for Kimmie, Heather and Andrew.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Kendra!! I needed to hear that today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and I miss you and I am praying for you my lovelies....and Andrew, who is not mine but lovely none the less.

    ReplyDelete