Sunday 10 June 2012

Hey everyone! We have been at Circle Square Ranch (near Stettler) for about a week and a half. We leave on Wednesday, and it will be hard to leave the staff. During our time here, we have helped with various retreat groups (disabled adults, Grade five groups,staff training, kindergarten class coming tomorrow), done some lawn maintenance, worked in the kitchen, worked with horses, helped lead skills, and more.
At the staff training weekend, I realized that I felt the need to be perfect at the camps we go to. I've been at college for a few years and am representing PRBI. Shouldn't I know more than I do? I feel like I often have to go back to the basics. Like right now I'm studying what grace actually is, and I keep finding myself in awe over the things I've known for a long time. Things that I feel I should have mastered. I realized that sometimes I put on a put-together-face, but that's not how I feel inside. I am learning to allow people at camps to see the real me. It's been a challenge for most of our team, but I'm so thankful for the accountability to be myself; flaws and all. Despite how I often feel, people do want realness.
Praise and Prayer:
- Praise God for how our team is getting along so far. We were a little concerned about Andrew being the only guy with three girls, but it's been a blessing. Please continue to pray that this will continue, and that we will strive for unity, even in the hard times.
- Heather has been having pain in her knee. Please pray that she will be able to get it checked out and figure out the problem
- Prayer for the staff at Circle Square Ranch as they have more groups in the next few weeks, and barely have enough staff to make things run smoothly.
- Prayer for rest as we head back to PRBI on Wednesday for a few days.
Thank you so much for your prayer and support!
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment